Accessing transport assistance
Education is an in-kind service provider for transport under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). Students seeking access to transport services are required to have a NDIS plan with transport as a support item.
Students eligible for transport assistance are provided with transport to and from the closest or most appropriate Education school offering a special option. Special option programs include:
• inclusive preschool program
• speech and language program
• the Briars special early learning program
• special school
• special class or disability unit.
Transport assistance can be in the form of:
• car allowance
• public passenger grant
• private bus fare allowance
• taxi, small bus or access vehicle
If you require further information regarding transport assistance please contact the school.